- This event has passed.
AI and Big Data Research for Health Improvement Symposium
August 31, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 11:15 am
The HKU Musketeers Foundation Institute of Data Science (IDS) and the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy will hold its first symposium jointly with the Hong Kong Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (HKAPI) titled “AI (artificial intelligence) and Big Data Research for Health Improvement Symposium” virtually on 30th and 31st August 2022.
This symposium, aims to demonstrate the capacity of the HKU-IDS and its potential in using AI and healthcare big data to promote public health, informed policy and strategic planning; and to advance research of new therapies and clinical utilities. Prominent speakers, both local and overseas including:
- Prof Curtis Langlotz (Stanford University): Radiology, Medical imaging and biomedical informatics research
- Prof Andrew Morris (Health Data Research UK) UK’s perspective in big data research and the development of Health Data Research UK
- Dr Patrick Ryan (The Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics): Latest development of International big data collaboration
- Prof Pak Sham (The University of Hong Kong): Latest development of genetic bioinformatics in Hong Kong
- Prof Ian Wong (The University of Hong Kong): Application of big data in COVID-19 vaccines safety monitoring
The speakers will share their expertise in state-of-art AI technology and interdisciplinary collaborative projects in using big data to improve public health.
Programme details and Registration – https://www.hkuai-bigdata.com/
For HKAPI members, if you have any inquiries about the Symposium, please contact Ms Louisa Yuen at [email protected].
We look forward to meeting you virtually.